The Group is seeking a Senior Chargebacks and Fraud Analyst for its Payment Operations team. If you are motivated by wanting to help partners and merchants be successful, and enjoy being able to apply your experience and expertise to solve key challenges such as keeping losses down, then this is the role for you.
As a Senior Chargebacks Analyst, your goal will be to improve the overall win rate of the chargebacks coming in. Handling and responding to chargebacks, inquiries, draft retrievals etc. will consume a good portion your day on the job. This individual will play a critical role in establishing key operational processes and procedures for chargebacks handling globally. You will be called upon to share your deep insights by other teams such as account management, customer delight etc.
� Review transaction information and chargebacks filed with various card brands, processors, and gateways
� Process credit card inquiries, retrieval requests, chargebacks, disputes via ticketing system and payment portals
� Research and compile evidence to validate transactions to submit to processors for re-presentment
� Manage queues of dispute activity to ensure all timelines are met for proper response to acquirers.
� Consult with Customer Delight, Risk, Product and other internal teams as required.
� Monitor, evaluate and respond to chargeback claims
� Apply risk management policies and procedures to help manage and minimize losses
� Maintain strong working knowledge of card network processing and regulations
� Respond to inquiries from internal and external customers regarding chargeback process, requirements and case status
- Identify fraud trends through multiple sources, complete link analysis activities to prevent fraud.
- Complete reports, dashboards, internal and external presentations to demonstrate investigative and analysis results
- Support internal quality checks though audits and account reviews
- Responsible for opening all production floor Service Desk Tickets where applicable.
- Work as a subject matter expert, assisting your team with difficult scenarios and provide guidance to ensure calls and cases are handled correctly to achieve first contact resolution.
- Respond to client requests for information pertaining to escalated dispute/fraud claim as it progresses through the case lifecycle
- Identify potential fraud trends through effective case management for analysis and review by the fraud team.
- Report on each fraud type as required
- Analyze data and utilize tools and resources to perform trending analysis in relation to fraud cases.
- Report customer feedback by adhering to established escalation matrix.
- Mentor employees on procedures and systems related to chargeback lifecycle
- Complete production work for Fraud Analytics as required
- Adhere to Quality Standard Guides defined by the client.
- Adhere to requirements and controls in relation to PCI standards.
- Adhere to all service level agreements outlined by the client.
� At least 4-5 years’ experience in chargebacks & investigations in payments industry
� Strong relationship and communication skills to ensure proper customer interaction
� Analytical, quantitative mindset with a keen attention to detail
� Must possess a high level of computer skills to effectively use multiple systems
� Ability to work on routine tasks both independently and with the team
� Willingness to adapt to a constantly changing, customer-driven work environment
� Self-starter and comfortable taking initiative while quickly grasping concepts, processes, and ideas
� Knowledge of card networks’ Operating Regulations
� Bachelor degree in: Business, Finance & Banking or Accounting or any other related field